1. One bug I have that is extremely common in Gainesville is Cox Internet provider. Cox holds a monopoly over Gainesville and I believe this problem can be fixed.
2. Everyone in Gainesville deals with Cox media, students, professors, regular citizens, etc. The need for fast and reliable internet has always been desired, and people work hard to be able to afford this need. I feel somewhat confident (60%) that there is an opportunity to fix this unmet need for fast and reliable internet.
3. The prototypical customer is a University of Florida student, because having reliable and speedy internet is a must. First person I talked to was a computer science major studying full time at UF
4. The computer science major stated he has a need for reliable internet all the time, has required this need since starting out at UF and realizing how everything is now being turned in online. He says he is not satisfied with this need because Cox is unreliable and crashes occasionally and abruptly. He found a solution through using a wired ethernet cable for internet because a wired connection is stronger, but wireless is advertised to be just as reliable.
5. I learned that this particular student turns in his work online all the time, like myself, and having your internet spontaneously crash on you is a serious problem.
3. I talked to my family friend of mine who works from home in Gainesville.
4. She noticed that Cox internet and cable was a bundle price, and she could not choose to just pay for just the internet. She has no need for the cable, but she desires to use the internet all the time. She deals with paying for both programs now but has wanted to opt out many times but can not go to another service provider.
5. I learned that some regular Gainesville citizens are also angry with the internet because of the way Cox bundles their packages.
3. Lastly, I talked to my roommate who had a lot to say about Cox media internet.
4. My roommate has called Cox to fix his faulty router numerous times and he stated they take days to come and help fix his problem, he has needed internet his whole life and was sad to see the downgrade in speed from Comcast to Cox internet since moving to Gainesville, he needs internet to FaceTime, study, and check up on everything when it comes to school and his work. He currently deals with the internet cutting off my using a hotspot from his phones data plan.
5. I learned that my roommate received horrible customer service from Cox and that they are not reliable at helping current customers either.
Reflection: I feel a lot of my original opportunity is still there, although it is somewhat out of my control. Firstly, I never noticed the bundling issue, with people wanting Cox internet but have to pay for one price for the internet and cable, which is more expensive. Also I noticed that Cox is not reliable in any area of Gainesville when it comes to customer service. My opportunity is still palpable, although finding a way to bring better internet to Gainesville is a serious challenge. Getting feedback from users was so important because if no one had a problem with Cox, there would be no need to fix the internet unreliability, so customer feedback, in my opinion, is the most important aspect of solving a problem. Overall, entrepreneurs need to adapt their opportunities based on the realism of being able to solve the problem and through customer feedback
No comments:
Post a Comment