1. (Economic Trend) Fading Energy Drags - I found this topic from JPMorgan Chase online website that discusses economic trends of 2018. This trend is unexpected and discusses the rise in fuel prices recently and how demanded fuel is, despite the advancement in electric energy technology, especially in transportation. An opportunity that I see here is for car companies to produce more gasoline required vehicles, because a lot of companies would have guessed that by now, due to the advancement of companies like Tesla, that regular oil needs would be lower, but they are firm and remain firm. Prototypical customer would have to be families, that require transportation, and usually have a budget. This opportunity is not easily exploitable simply because a huge portion of the population is still shifting focus towards more efficient means of energy. I saw this as an opportunity because from my experience, people are resilient to change, and theres a huge learning curve to owning vehicles like Tesla products, so someone else might say Tesla is revolutionizing the world, but in my opinion they are too early to make a drastic change, so for now, exploiting fuel would really help the economy.
-https://commercial.jpmorganchase.com/pages/commercial-banking/executive-connect/six-key-economic-trends
2. (Regulatory Law) Tax reform taking hold - Found this topic from JPMorgan Chase online, and it discusses a new legislation that will cut federal revenue by $205 billion which will leave more money in the consumers hands. Should support faster growth in the GDP, I think this is exploitable through new businesses as a capital investment because more money means more opportunity. Only issue is it is hard to predict how this will effect the economy simply because there is not a lot of historical evidence to make a good prediction.
https://commercial.jpmorganchase.com/pages/commercial-banking/executive-connect/six-key-economic-trends
3. (Regulatory Law) New amendment made to help small businesses reform after natural disasters. I found this new regulatory action on the official congress website and I see an opportunity for small businesses to open up, especially with this change to help them in case of a crisis, especially considering hurricane Florence is hitting soon. Ideal customer for this is anyone looking to open or maintain their small business, this new amendment can really reduce stress of anyone that has to look after their own business, especially due to the severity hurricane Florence might reach.
-https://www.congress.gov/search?q=%7B%22source%22%3A%22legislation%22%7D
4. (Economic Trend) iPhone XS - This is an economic trend that I notice every year and it regards to iPhones in specific. Case and screen protector manufacturers and sellers have been releasing phone cases for upcoming phones earlier than the phones release, and people are generally ordering them before they even order their new iPhone. I see a huge potential for case companies to start pre releasing phone cases, and people will pre order. This is a profitable idea to exploit because iPhones are getting more and more expensive every year, and especially this year with all of their new products being made of primarily glass, people are going to be willing to spend more on cases to protect their device. Ideal customer for this is the average millennial with a steady income. The only drawback could be the amount of case companies their are causing an overflow of cases which would saturate the phone accessory market.
Hey Millaed,
ReplyDeleteI agree that there needs to be an amendment in place to help small businesses after natural disasters. After hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, and tsunamis impact an area, many small business simply do not have the funds to open their doors again. I did not mention an opportunity like this, but I think it is a great idea. I also think that pre-selling iPhone cases could be a profitable market especially since iPhones are so popular. I personally would be interested in this opportunity. Great job!