Thursday, September 6, 2018

My Entrepreneurship Story

In 5th grade, my school was offering a candy selling business, in order to fund for the 5th graders trip to Disney. The rules were, that if you sold two boxes (100 Candy Bars), that would fund your entire trip to Disney. Students had the option to not participate but they would not be able to go on the trip, although I was determined to sell two boxes because I had never been to Disney and really wanted to go. I first began selling candy and noticed that rejection is hard, especially when I wanted to eagerly sell the candy, but over time I began selling more and more and eventually sold all the candy bars. That experience really humbled me as a child because it was one of those times where my goal and my way to achieve my goal were through my own means, and not my parents or my teachers efforts.

Image result for world's finest candy barsI enrolled in ENT3003 because I wanted more insight on running a business, my goal after my bachelors is to attend Chiropractor school and receive my license to open up my own practice, and everyone has been telling me that that requires a lot of business skill. Also I had to take a 3000 elective, and this class seemed like a happy medium for what I was looking for. Mainly I hope to get a lot of knowledge about how to run a successful business by the end of this class.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Millaed,
    I was never much of a fundraiser in school but I am a fundraiser for CMN Hospitals now at UF. So I understand how important it is to have goals to motivate yourself to reach and surpass them. I enjoyed your story about selling chocolate to go on a Disney trip, it was a fabulous example. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Millaed,

    I had to do something similar for a couple of my sports teams when I was younger and it taught me a lot about myself! I totally understand the desire of wanting to own your own business one day because I also hope to do that. I hope you get every thing out of this class that you are hoping to!

    ReplyDelete