Friday, November 9, 2018

21A Reading Reflection 2

1. I read How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big by Scott Adams. The main argument/theme Adams was portraying is that you can not rely on guides or steps to success, it comes from watching others and making mistakes, alternatively watching others can reduce the amount of mistakes you do make.

2. The biggest takeaway from Adams book is that it is okay to fail. When we first began the create a business assignment, I told myself that everything has to go perfect and my business has to be a success. Over time I came to find out that it was not very successful and I ultimately failed in a lot of aspects, but I did not let it stop me from attempting to fix those mistakes, and that is the biggest takeaway from the book.

3. Adams book talks about how having a lot of basic skills and knowledge in random things can play to your benefit. An assignment I would design for this class is to make a list of all the random skills you have and try to create a business based on some of the skills you have that would make the skills an asset to your success.

4. The biggest Aha moment was Adams stating that passion is irrelevant and success is all about personal energy. I found this statement to be true all the time. Personally, when I have a test coming up soon I always find energy to make myself study, and that is something that I need to take into all aspects of life, if I can find energy within myself to do it, then it is worth doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment