1. In my original post I said that I am experienced in retail grocery, and therefore possess the tools necessary to meet my aspirations. My aspirations were to see my business plan incorporated into all the Publix stores in America. Based on the feedback I received, I was encouraged to further work on my business project because my experience is a beneficial asset, although one comment about my business being limited in terms of sales is making me reconsider my purpose for this venture.
2. I am offering Publix applicants the ability to get their application thoroughly reviewed and increase chances of them being hired. One comment stated that the media could give Publix a bad name due to this implementation and I definitely need to take how I approach this issue into consideration.
3. I am offering this to qualified Publix applicants that deserve recognition from Publix and I am going to stick with that audience because the city (Gainesville) that I am implementing this idea in, needs this.
4. People care about this issue because it is costing so many college students, high school students and others the ability to have a flexible job with a top 100 company to work for. Especially applicants that are getting overlooked. The feedback I received was telling me that this issue is definitely pertinent and intriguing to applicants, which makes me want to see my idea play out even further than before. Customers will help fund this business because it helps solve the unemployment issue on a narrow and controlled scale.
5. My dedication to this business is what sets me apart and my knowledge of the Publix corporation is what is going to help me achieve my goals. One comment mentioned how not many people can implement this idea because of the extensive knowledge needed of Publix.
The feedback I received was very eye opening, I was unaware of the negatives to my business proposal and the limitation I was putting on myself. This business would be a non profit that raises funds in order to fix a faulty hiring process, so how would I pay myself and those around me that contributed? Also, if the news were to put out stories discussing Publix's discriminatory hiring process, my business could fail. These are controversial questions that I definitely need to evaluate before moving further. I incorporated the feedback I received in the who am I offering this idea to and why do they care questions because my business was not as simple as I thought it would be.
No comments:
Post a Comment