Tuesday, November 27, 2018

26A Celebrating Failure

My biggest failure of the semester was definitely the business plan assignment that we had to conduct for this class. My original plan was so clear in my head and I envisioned everything falling into place, from the original plan of working with Publix management and innovating the hiring process to changing corporate regulations. When I began interviewing and actually putting everything into action I noticed how my idea was not easily feasible because changing regulatory laws is not common and also Publix could file a lawsuit against my company which made me feel immense pressure to cancel everything. Once I got to the elevator pitch assignment, I was embarrassed to present my idea because I knew deep down it was not going to be successful. Although I pushed through and after each assignment I began altering my business plan more and more into something that was feasible and regardless of the negative comments I was getting from some interviewees, I pushed through and feel my business plan now of simply updating the hiring applications with customizable surveys can be implemented with more companies and is a safer business.

I learned that it does not matter how clear something is in your head, unless you implement your goals, you will not know if success or failure is imminent.

Failure is hard, makes us think that we are inadequate and can definitely influence self-esteem, but the best way to tackle failure is not by trying to reduce it, but by reducing the affect it has on you. This entrepreneurship course definitely made me more optimistic to try new things, because our business plan was my biggest failure and I want to make up for it in the future and succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment